Carpentry TAFE NSW Moree's most popular course
Certificate III in Carpentry was again the most popular course at TAFE NSW Moree in 2017.
TAFE NSW Deputy Regional General Manager Adam Bennett announced that there had been no change at the top, with the Certificate III in Carpentry most popular ahead of the Certificate III in Agriculture.
“The biggest change came from the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care course, which was third most popular and experienced a surge in interest in 2017,” Mr Bennett said.
“The Certificate III in Carpentry not only remained extremely popular in Moree, it’s actually one of TAFE NSW’s most popular courses in western NSW.
“Interest remains high because students recognise this is a massive growth area and there’s a skills shortage right across NSW. So not only is this increase driven by industry demand, it’s also because our students enjoy hands-on learning from industry experts.
“The fact that employers trust our training, which can lead to exciting, real-life employment prospects in the construction industry is also a telling factor.”
Top 10 TAFE NSW courses in Moree in 2017:
• Certificate III in Carpentry;
• Certificate III in Agriculture;
• Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care;
• Certificate I in Access to Work and Training (Introductory);
• Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology;
• Certificate III in Business Administration;
• Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
• Certificate II in Conservation and Land Management
• Certificate III in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Arts
• Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Mr Bennett said enrolments for 2018 at TAFE NSW were open now, and would be accepted right across the Christmas period.
“TAFE NSW has more than 1200 courses to choose from – so there’s something for everyone no matter where you live, your skill level or qualifications,” Mr Bennett said.
“With so many exciting options, and with research revealing that TAFE NSW graduates have a higher median income and employment rate than university graduates, there’s never been a better time to consider TAFE.”
For more information visit tafensw.edu.au or phone 131 601.
Media contact: Luke Schuyler, TAFE NSW Media and Communications Business Partner, (02) 6393 5946, mobile 0439 536 563.