Apprenticeships and traineeships
TAFE New England is well known for its commitment to high quality training. We have a long history of delivering quality trainee and apprentice training in partnership with business in the New England and North West regions through opportunities such as the Australian Apprenticeship Scheme. This scheme is designed to provide flexible on and off the job training for new entrants to the workforce and those already employed.
Our industry qualified teachers give students hands-on, relevant skills and knowledge to create highly qualified, reliable and work ready employees. Our flexible training options mean apprentices and trainees get the most out of our teachers. We can build customised programs for groups of students with the same employer.
To ensure the progress of your trainee or apprentice, registered employers can use Employer e-Services
to track outcomes, with a view to improving retention and completion.
What are the advantages of a TAFE New England apprenticeship or traineeship?
- High quality education and training for a nationally-recognised qualification
- Combining on and off the job training for the knowledge, skills and confidence needed for workplace relevant skills
- Modern facilities with industry equipment for specialised hands-on learning
- Teachers are qualified industry professionals who can work with business to deliver specific industry skills and training
- Pathways lead to further education and training options, including university
- Support services improve retention rates, and help students succeed.
Ask us to identify and target suitable apprentices and trainees through our links with the regions’ Apprenticeship Centres. Contact TAFE New England on 1800 448 176 to find out how we can help your apprentices and trainees.