Class Start Date
Friday 9 March 2018
This course will be delivered over 1 day from 9.00am to 5.00pm through our Connected Learning Centres at Coonabarabran, Quirindi, Glen Innes and Tenterfield via Video Conferencing.
Students should allocate a minimum 8 hours per week to their study.
NOTE: TRANSFER/CANCELLATION POLICY:
• Cancellations advised more than seven (7) days prior to the commencement of the program are eligible for a full refund.
• If a participant cannot attend within the seven (7) day period the following will apply:
• Participant can transfer to an alternative date, however a charge of 50% of the course fee will be incurred
• Substitute delegate can attend and pay the full fee (Once this payment is received the original participant can be refunded their fee)
• Non-attendance on the training day will incur the full course fee
• All courses are subject to minimum participants numbers before proceeding.
Payment of all fees is required in full at time of registration
In line with the NSW Food Authority legislation, certain food businesses in the hospitality and restaurant service sector are required to have at least one trained food safety supervisor.
Each appointed food safety supervisor will need to receive training in 2 nationally recognised units of competency and hold a food safety supervisor certificate. The legislation will require refresher training every five (5) years.
You will be informed of the safe handling of food during the receipt, storage, preparation, display, service and disposal of food within a hospitality or retail food environment. You will also be shown how to implement predetermined procedures from a food safety prorgam.
Please Note: If you wish to check whether an exemption applies to your business or employer, you can either visit the NSW Food Authority Website at:
OR Contact the NSW Food Safety Authority on Ph: 1300 552 406
Offering Specific Information
Studying at a TAFE NSW Connected Learning Centre means that you don’t have to leave your local community to get a first rate education and access elite training, teachers and support services.
Enrol now » Contact us »
Connected Learning Centres are custom designed to utilise modern technologies, simulations and virtual reality experiences to offer you a wider range of choices, more accessible, practical training and flexible learning opportunities. Students can access work booths, group learning rooms, a computer hub, print shop, tech-bar, media lounge, and learning support centre and a creative space to work on ideas for the future.
Our Connected Learning Centres will equip you with the skills you need for the jobs you want – in regional NSW, or anywhere in the world. If you would like to explore your local Connected Learning Centre, please visit www.tafensw.edu.au/clc
It is now a requirement for all students to obtain a USI. Students can obtain their own USI from the website www.usi.gov.au. Please bring your USI to class.