Class Start Date
Tuesday 24 October 2017
8.00am to 5.00pm. Attendance is required for the full 2 days of the course in total 16 hours.
NOTE: TRANSFER/CANCELLATION POLICY:
• Cancellations advised more than seven (7) days prior to the commencement of the program are eligible for a full refund.
• If a participant cannot attend within the seven (7) day period the following will apply:
• Participant can transfer to an alternative date, however a charge of 50% of the course fee will be incurred
• Substitute delegate can attend and pay the full fee (Once this payment is received the original participant can be refunded their fee)
• Non-attendance on the training day will incur the full course fee
• All courses are subject to minimum participants numbers before proceeding
Payment of all fees is required in full at time of registration
This course has been designed to develop the skills and knowledge to enable participants to test and maintain backflow prevention as requested by Water Authorities.
Enrol now » Contact us »
Public health and safety is paramount in regards to drinking therefore any backflow prevention devises installed and commissioned must be maintained to the highest standard of efficiency. Practical skill sessions will be integrated with theory lectures throughout the course so the participating trades person, through "hands on" time, will gain detailed knowledge of each device.
At he completion of the course, participants will be required to undertake a performance test, in which they will identify and test a minimum of three backflow prevention devices. Competency based assessment requires a demonstration of skills and knowledge, relevant to the requirements of the unit being assessed. Evidence of these can be collected through a combination of observation, discussion, written assignments, tests, and/or practical application and work related projects. Where applicable, assessment may be undertaken in the workplace.