Class Start Date
Monday 16 October 2017
8.30am to 4.30pm
Payment of all fees is required in full at time of registration
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course, however it is recommended that learners have successfully completed a General Construction OHS Induction (White Card) course.
There are no formal educational entry requirements for this course, however it is recommended that participants have successfully completed a General Construction WHS Induction (White Card) course.
Offering Specific Information
This course covers Unit of Competence RIIWHS204D - Work Safely at Heights and complies with AS/NS 1891.4:2009. This course is for people who are required to work safely at heights or depth (2 metres or more or within 2 metres of an unprotected edge) and includes specific details on:
Enrol now » Contact us »
1. Identify work safety requirements
2. Prepare for Work
3. Access and Install Height Safety Equipment
4. Perform Work at Heights
5. Clean Up Work Area
To complete this course, participants will be assessed through the following tasks:
• TOPIC 1 – written/oral quiz
• TOPIC 2 – complete SMWS
• TOPICS 3, 4 & 5 – practical demonstration of the following activities:
1. Inspect & identify (where appropriate) defects affecting the safe use of display harnesses & attachments/devices
2. Select, fit & remove appropriate harness for the specific job/tasks
3. Under controlled conditions (utilising appropriate structure, min height 2m) access roof/structure, demonstrate correct working position of working at height, within constraints of harness, safely dismount from roof/structure and remove harness for packing away/storage purposes.
• ADDITIONAL PRACTICAL (TOPICS 3, 4 & 5)
Where identified as necessary by the trainer/assessor and in conjunction with the employer, participants who require more practical application will also perform a range of work at heights tasks at the workplace under the supervision of a competent person nominated by the employer. This will be recorded for at least three occasions using the Work safely at heights – Verification by Workplace Competent Person Checklist. Note: The additional practical is not necessary for all courses. It will depend on initial and ongoing consultation with the employer, the target group and their demonstration of competency.